Award Categories and Criteria
Award of Distinction in Research
Who Can Enter: The CFHA Award of Distinction in Research is open to CFHA members only.
The CFHA Award of Distinction in Research is open to any individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of collaborative care research and who exemplifies the ideals embraced by CFHA. The award recognizes sustained commitment to the quest for building a body of research to guide collaborative care practice, education, and policy efforts.
- Nominee produces research that contributes to the field of collaborative care practice.
- Nominee produces research which is innovative, relevant & timely.
- Nominee produces research that can be applied directly to clinical practice, education, and/or policy.
Award of Distinction in Clinical Care Delivery
Who Can Enter: The CFHA Award of Distinction in Clinical Practice is open to an individual or team of individuals who practice collaborative care delivery. The nominee or a minimum of one member of the nominated team must be a CFHA member.
The CFHA Award of Distinction in Clinical Practice recognizes an individual or organization that demonstrates both excellence and innovation in collaborative care clinical practice. Nominees will have developed an innovative approach and serve patients/consumers through a comprehensive, community based coordinated system of care.
- Nominee is an experienced and practicing clinician or a team of practicing clinicians.
- Nominee's work exemplifies the collaborative approach incorporating patient, family, community and clinician in the total patient care.
- Nominee's work broadens & deepens understanding of effective clinical models that can be replicated by others.
Award of Distinction to a Consumer, Patient, or Family Advocate
Who can enter: The CFHA Award of Distinction to a Consumer, Patient, or Family Advocate is open to any individual, team or consumer run organization exemplifying commitment to consumer, patient and family participation in the healthcare team. This award is not limited to CFHA members.
The CFHA Award of Distinction to a Consumer, Patient or Family Advocate recognizes an individual, team or consumer run organization which embraces and promotes the core value that the participation of the patient, family, consumer and community are instrumental to the healthcare process and critical to positive health outcomes.
- Nominee is a self identified patient, consumer, family advocate or consumer run organization who speaks to role of wellness and recovery.
- Nominee steps forward to represent the voice of patient and consumer as a part of the healthcare team and in so doing, elevates the point of view of the patient and consumer.
- Nominee assumes role of teacher, mentor and guide with other patients and consumers regarding their role in managing and advocating for their healthcare needs.
Award of Distinction in Healthcare Policy
Who Can Enter: The CFHA Award of Distinction in Healthcare Policy is awarded to any individual, team, or organization. This award is not limited to CFHA members.
The CFHA Award of Distinction in Healthcare Policy recognizes an individual, team or organization for excellence in the field of political advocacy at the local, state or national level.
Nominee relentlessly advocates with policy makers to consider collaborative care as important and central to wellness
- Nominee successfully represents the voice of the clinician, researcher and patient to policy makers.
- Nominee has successfully initiated and facilitated sustained change regarding integrated collaborative care policy at the local, state or national level.
- Nominee acts as a convener of diverse groups around collaborative care discussion.
- Nominee works on behalf of diverse and disenfranchised populations.
- Nominee will have made an impact at the national, state, and/or community level.
- The nominee's work reflects a commitment to reducing healthcare disparities.
Click here for more information about nominations