Conference Student Volunteer Scholarships
Special Early Bird Opportunity for 2015 Conference Student Volunteer Corps!
The application form is closed as of May 30, 2015. Acceptance notifications will be distributed in July. Please contact Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- CFHA is accepting applications to be considered for Volunteer Corps positions at the 2015 Conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Applications will be accepted April 1 through May 29, 2015.
- Completing this application is NOT a guarantee of acceptance.
- Applications will be reviewed by CFHA staff to determine eligibility and diversity requirements for the Volunteer Corps.
Conference Student Volunteer Corps
A limited number of scholarships will be offered for Conference Volunteers at the 2015 Conference.
The role of a Conference Volunteer is to support CFHA's staff by assisting with a variety of duties at the Conference. You may be called upon to serve as classroom monitor, provide assistance with registration, clerical support or audio-visual, offer directional guidance to find classes or meeting rooms, and serve as a general resource for attendees who have questions.
Volunteering at the CFHA Conference is also an opportunity to make a difference in the profession. You will enhance your experience in building and working with teams; increase your knowledge of association activities and resources; and have the opportunity to meet a diverse group of professionals from across the country and around the world.
Volunteers are needed to serve throughout the CFHA Conference, beginning with preconference activities on Thursday, October 15, and ending late Saturday afternoon, October 17.
CFHA encourages applicants from a variety of health care professions, educational institutions and geographic areas.
- We will limit the number of individuals from a single institution or training program to ensure diversity in our Conference Volunteer Corps.
- Scholarship is offered for registration fees only; travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the individual.
- Individuals who commit to volunteer assignments for the duration of the Conference (Thursday through Saturday) may be given additional consideration.
- Applicants who are accepted for Conference Volunteer Scholarships will be required to register online and pay $100 in advance toward Conference registration fees. A code will be provided to accepted Volunteers to discount registration to $100.
- The $100 registration fee will be refunded to Volunteers if their assigned term of service is completed during the Conference.
- Volunteers should register with a credit card to ensure prompt refund/credit for registration fees with 14 days after the Conference.
To apply for Conference Volunteer Scholarships, you must:
Maintain and renew membership as Student Member of CFHA for 2015;
- Be enrolled full-time in a training program;
- Have an anticipated completion date, and
Be unemployed or minimally employed outside of this program.
Scholarship Application Form
Application Deadline: May 29, 2015