LGBTQ+ Support Group for Teens
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/28/2020 at 4:07:58 AM GMT
LGBTQ+ Support Group for Teens

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a curriculum that is evidence-based that they use or would recommend for creating a support group for LGBTQ+ teens? 

Thank you!

Jessi

Hey Jessi, 

Thanks for bringing this important topic to the list-serv.

I’m not aware of any evidence-based curriculums for teens in primary care, but we have a few resources that might help get you started:

1.       Dr. Jenny Birnkrant gave a wonderful Quicknotes presentation during one of our previous PEDS SIG calls and you can find the recording here.

2.       I am attaching the didactic I use for our Pediatric BH ECHO for primary care physicians here at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

3.       You can find the WPATH standards of care here.

4.       You can find the UCSF Center for Excellence for Transgender Health Guidelines here.  

Hope that helps, I anticipate you might here from some others as well who are doing some of this work.

What is everyone else doing? 

Cody

Attached Files: 

Contact Us

P. O. Box 23980,
Rochester, New York
14692-3980 USA
info@CFHA.net

What We Do

CFHA is a member-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to making integrated behavioral and physical health the standard of care nationally. CFHA achieves this by organizing the integrated care community, providing expert technical assistance and producing educational content.