Are you passionate about improving healthcare, matters of justice, integrated care, and impacting the future of health care? If you answered “Yes” or know of someone who fits this bill, please nominate yourself or your colleague to be elected as a CFHA Board of Directors for the 2023 -2026 term. This is your opportunity to collaboratively guide our collective passions for advancing integrated care with people who are equally as passionate.
2023 BOD Nominations are closed
What is required to be nominated and what can you expect in your role in the Board of Directors?
- Board members are charged with providing vision for the association, monitoring the stewardship of resources and performance of the CEO, helping CFHA grow resources, and helping the organization establish, advance, and maintain connections with key partners.
- Board members will be assigned to various functioning committees that serve vital operations for the Board, which eventually impact the organization and the membership.
- Board members will frequently provide thoughtful discussions and debates on important organizational, discipline, and membership-related issues. As an elected member, your opinions and experience are an asset to guiding the organization forward.
- You must be a member in good standing for at least one year prior to the election.
- The Board of Directors is committed to increasing diversity in our ranks. In addition to seeking diversity in disciplines and non-clinicians to join us, we would like to explicitly encourage members of ethnically, culturally, and/or sexually diverse backgrounds to apply.
- The commitment involves about six virtual meetings per year (via Zoom), an extended in-person meeting at the annual conference, and a few hours per month of asynchronous work in support of furthering board initiatives.
- No prior board experience is necessary!
What are the benefits?
In addition to a rich and meaningful experience in responding to pivotal issues in integrated health care, you get the opportunity to learn about not-for-profit management, be the first to know about the latest in integrated care, and grow leadership skills.
Please consider applying today!
Please click here to send your name, credentials, headshot, and current title along with a word document with the answers to the following questions. Please NOTE that the sent photograph will not be used during promotion or during the election. Your statement will be the most visible part of your candidacy throughout the election.
1. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) question: DEI is a strategic and valued priority for CFHA Board of Directors. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability.
- How do you define Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- From your vantage point, in what ways do you see DEI challenges at CFHA?
- If you had the chance to help CFHA become more agile with DEI skills, what would that look like?
2. Strategic priorities: CFHA Board of Directors has identified the following issues as key priorities for the coming year. Please select one of these issues and speak to your experience and expertise in the area and how you might help advance this key issue on behalf of CFHA.
- Health equity and integrated care: Subject matter and/or policy experience
- Building cross-sector partnerships: strategies to grow membership beyond behavioral health clinicians and to include physicians, non-clinical members, and other medical team members (Pharmacists, clinic managers, medical assistants)
3. Engaging CFHA: Please describe unique ways you and your work will impact CFHA.
- In addition to your one issue identified above, what else would you consider advocating for CFHA’s future?
- What makes you uniquely suited to represent our membership on the Board of Directors?