Get a pdf of the general guidelines here.
Tips for your Presentation
9-Minute Presenter Bootcamp video
Here are some simple ideas to help you create more compelling and effective presentations.
General Presenter Agreement
By submitting a presentation proposal for the CFHA Conference, you understand and explicitly agree that:
- The Primary Contract Person indicated on your proposal consents to receive all correspondence and accepts responsibility for conveying and confirming Conference-related information with all presenters, copresenters and authors.
- All Presenters must register and pay to attend the CFHA Conference. There are no complimentary admissions nor fee discounts for presenters or co-presenters. Full and one-day registration options are available; no half-day registrations are offered.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel and hotel arrangements and assume all related costs. Presenters are encouraged to secure accommodations at the official CFHA conference hotel.
- Every Presenter is required to complete CFHA’s 2017 Disclosure form online and disclose any financial or non-financial relationship that creates a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Presenters must notify CFHA in writing if a conflict of interest related to the content of a presentation develops at any time before the Conference.
- Presenters will present in the time slot and format assigned by the program committee.
- Presenters grant permission to CFHA to take photographs, videos and/or audio recordings and to publish them at CFHA's sole discretion in any format.
- For presentations involving research with human subjects, Presenters acknowledge that research has been reviewed by and either exempted or received approval from the appropriate institutional review board and the data has been collected in an ethical manner.
- Appropriate "Releases of Confidential Information" have been obtained by Presenters for all client materials that will be used or recorded as part of this presentation. The responsibility for protecting client confidentiality rests with Presenters.
- Written permission from copyright holders must be obtained by Presenters for the use of any previously published material in presentation or handouts.
- Presenters are required to provide electronic files of handout materials or other related resources in advance to be incorporated into the Conference proceedings. In lieu of printed handout materials, CFHA will offer online access to these resource materials for Conference registrants.
- Presenters must refrain from attempting to persuade attendees to purchase or use a specific product, service, piece of equipment, or device.
- Presenters must refrain from overt statements or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any person or group.
- Acceptance of a proposal does not imply endorsement by CFHA of Presenters, course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Register for the Conference
All presenters must register to attend the CFHA Conference – including education session presenters, co-presenters, panelists, poster authors, and discussion group facilitators.
There are no discounts or fee waivers for presenters. Full Conference and one-day registrations are available; there are no half-day registration options. Fees increase by $75 to $100 after September 8.
Take advantage of early bird discounts – register online here.
Travel & Accommodations
Presenters are responsible for their own travel and hotel arrangements and assume all related costs.
CFHA has arranged a group rate at the Royal Sonesta Galleria Hotel. The block normally sells out so make your reservations early. Hotel information is available on our website here. There may be lower priced hotels in the vicinity, however, we ask that you book your accommodations at the Royal Sonesta Galleria Hotel for your own convenience and to ensure that CFHA can fulfill its contractual obligations with the hotel.
Permissions & Consents
All presenters must agree to publish Powerpoint presentations and essential handouts on the CFHA web site as a resource for Conference attendees.
Presenters confirm that Appropriate "Releases of Confidential Information" have been obtained for all client materials and copyrighted materials that will be used or recorded as part of this presentation. The responsibility for protecting client confidentiality rests with the presenters. For presentations involving research with human subjects, the presenters confirm that the research has received approval from the appropriate Institutional Review Board and the data has been collected in an ethical manner.
All presenters agree to be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded by the Collaborative Family Healthcare Association, or any supplier contracted by CFHA. CFHA (or any supplier contracted by CFHA) shall own all rights of any kind in perpetuity in said photography, videotaping and/or recording.
Continuing Education Credit
Complete Presenter Disclosure form online before August 2
For approval of continuing education credit for Conference sessions, individuals need to disclose relationships with a commercial interest if both (a) the relationship is financial and occurred within the past 12 months and (b) the individual has the opportunity to affect the content of CME about the products or services of that commercial interest.
All Conference presenters (co-presenters, panelists and moderators) are required to complete the online disclosure form and upload a current CV or resume. Disclosures must be submitted no later than August 2, to satisfy application deadlines.
The process will only take a few minutes. Click here for the online disclosure form and a list of those who have already completed:
Create Your PowerPoint Using CFHA’s Template
Click here to get the CFHA PowerPoint Template. The first 6 slides include required content. You can insert your own content, style and background on all other slides.
We will need all of the basic content for your presentation in your slides. You can continue to tweak your presentation before the Conference. Be sure to bring a copy of your slides on a flash drive to the CFHA Conference.
Upload Slides and Handouts
Conference attendees often express the need for handout materials related to conference sessions. In lieu of printed handouts, CFHA offers electronic options to these resources through its web site. These items may include a list of resources and links referenced in your presentation, or a checklist or tool that can be applied in practice.
Presenters are required to provide electronic files of slides and handout materials or other related resources in advance to be incorporated into the Conference materials. In lieu of printed handout materials, CFHA will offer online access to these resource materials for Conference registrants.
We will need all of the basic content for your presentation in your PowerPoint. You can continue to tweak your presentation before the Conference. Be sure to bring a copy of your presentation on a flash drive to the CFHA Conference.
To help CFHA in keeping track of these files, please SAVE THE NAME of your PowerPoint file as follows:
· Your assigned session number identified by period letter (A-I), period number (1-8), and possibly an order (a or b)
· Last name of primary presenter or contact person - Example: A1a Smith
Please email your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 25th, 2017. Your Subject line should match the file name. Save your final PowerPoint presentation on a thumb drive and bring it with you to the conference. Deliver your final PowerPoint file when you check-in at the conference at the registration desk.
PowerPoint files will be archived by CFHA and uploaded to session computers in advance so your presentation will be easily accessible for your session.
Please use the CFHA Powerpoint template to prepare your slide show.
Don't worry! You'll still be able to edit and tweak your Powerpoint before the Conference. Plan to bring your final version on a flash drive to the Conference Registration Desk at least 24 hours prior to your session.
Electronic Handouts (Save a tree!)
CFHA Conference attendees often express the need for handout materials related to conference sessions. In lieu of printed handouts, CFHA offers electronic options to these resources through its web site.
These items may include:
- An outline for your presentation;
- A list of resources and links referenced in your presentation;
- A checklist or tool that can be applied in practice.
Documents should be submitted electronically in PDF or Word format to email@example.com by September 25.
Audio-Visual and Classroom Set-up
Each breakout classroom may be equipped with:
- A lectern or podium;
- One 6-foot table for presenter's use or panel discussion;
- One microphone (for large rooms only);
- A PC laptop computer;
- An LCD projector with screen.
You will not be allowed to plug-in your own computer; please use the PC laptop provided by the Conference.
If you move tables and chairs around for your session, please move them back into place before the next session.
Plan to arrive at your classroom at least 20 minutes prior to the start time and meet the Student Volunteer assigned as your classroom monitor.
A Conference schedule with your classroom assignment will be provided when you check-in at the Conference. Classrooms are assigned by CFHA based.
Classrooms vary in size, set-up and capacity. Some rooms may be set in theatre-style (chairs only) to maximize seating, while larger rooms may be set with round tables.
Seating for all Conference sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis and some sessions may fill quickly. No seating (or sitting on the floor) will be allowed near exit doors to allow for emergency access.
CFHA may consider additional setup or equipment requests, but does not guarantee availability or provision for such requests due to the overall needs of the CFHA Conference.
Friday's lunch program will feature facilitated discussion groups from 11:30 to 12:30 PM. Boxed lunches will be provided for Conference attendees.
More casual than a formal lecture, roundtable discussions are highly interactive and provide attendees ample time to share thoughts and ask questions about your work. These discussions often influence future practice.
Discussion Groups are not designed to be a lecture or formal presentation. The role of a Discussion Group facilitator is to engage discussion on assigned topics and foster lively conversation among table guests.
- One round table with 10 seats will be assigned for each Discussion Topic. The title of each presentation will be posted on the assigned table.
- A list of Discussion Topics will be included in registrant packets. Conference attendees will select their preferred topic and choose a seat at the assigned table.
- The facilitator should begin discussions as soon as most people are seated or no later than 12:30.
- Start with a brief introduction and feel free to provide handouts to supplement the discussions.
- Please limit your own presentation time to no more than 10-15 minutes to allow sufficient dialog during the lunch hour.
- As facilitator for the Discussion Group, please encourage dialog and conversation among table participants throughout the period.
- Please adjourn discussions no later than 1:15 PM to allow transition time for afternoon sessions that convene at 1:30 PM.
If you have questions regarding your presentation, please contact CFHA's Conference Manager:
Jackie Poor Hahn
Membership and Conference Manager