This award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to health care through their commitment and use of the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model. Nominees have demonstrated their service to the PCBH model through education; training; supervision or mentoring students and colleagues; association governance, serving on boards, or committees; scholarly efforts; teaching; practice or practice management; advocating for PCBH’s best interests with state and federal lawmakers; and promoting the value of PCBH in the public eye. Nominees may be involved in one service area, many of the areas, or all of the service areas noted above. Further, nominees should embody and demonstrate values commensurate with CFHA’s overall mission of promoting comprehensive and cost-effective models of healthcare to deliver integrated care.
- Any current CFHA member in good standing is eligible, EXCEPT for current board members and the SIG leadership team.
- Individuals and organizations are eligible for this award.
- At least one member of the organization has to be a current CFHA member in good standing.
Process for Nominations:
- Nominations will open on April 1; Nominations close on July 1.
- Nominator submits a maximum 1000-word statement describing how the work of the nominee has contributed to the success of the PCBH model.
- The statement must include the name of the nominator.
- Self-nominations are accepted
- Nominations will be reviewed by the members of the PCBH SIG.
- After viewing the statement of nomination, all current members of the PCBH SIG may vote for their selection.
- The nominee receiving the most votes will be selected for the award. In the case of a tie, the award will be shared.
- The final nominee will be submitted to the Board of Directors for final endorsement in the August board meeting.
The awardee and SIG membership will be notified by September 1st. The PCBH leadership committee will confer the award to the recipient at the annual conference. Awardees will receive a plaque and complimentary full conference registration the following year. Additionally, the winners name and statement will be posted on the CFHA website.
Date Last Reviewed and Approved by CFHA Board of Directors: Approved by the Board of Directors in March 2016.
Click here for a PDF of the Award Criteria.