October 15-17, 2015
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, Oregon 97201 U.S.A.
We know you're looking forward to the CFHA Conference in October so here's a list of "must do" Portland activities to squeeze in to your travel plans.
Best of Portland Lists
Want to find out the best food carts, best donuts, best sandwiches or best sushi?
Looking for dining recommendations? Here are a few Portland favorites to consider.
- Saucebox: Asian fusion, great chef, excellent cocktails right down town. http:// www.saucebox.com
- Andina: Now a Portland staple, this Peruvian restaurant is an all time favorite for the food, service and environment. A must place to dine when in Portland and a great place to explore new flavors in food and drink. They have several options for private seatings including the wine cellar. http://www.andinarestaurant.com
- Pazzo Ristorante: Italian, classic Portland Italian with privage space for small groups including seating in the wine cellar. http://www.pazzo.com
- Masu: Japanese, some of the best sushi and sake around Portland is loaded with both. No real private space I am aware of but I’ve attended or held dinners of 10 – 15 without there being so much noise we coudldnt enjoy ourselves. http://masusushi.com
- Beast: One of Portland’s most noted chefs, Naomi Pomeroy, offers a limited seating venue with a fixed menu with just two seatings each evening. The price is set, the menu is set (except for beverage) and they take group reservations of up to 12. Fantastic food, very conversation friendly and very Portland. This restaurant is in NE Portland, about a 20 minute drive/cab from downtown.
- Food Carts Portland: For those wanting a very casual and fully Portland experience, food cart scene is famous. This offers options for open air dining all over Portland. This site has all the details. http://www.foodcartsportland.com
Breweries: There are dozens of small to large breweries with dining.
- Widmer (classic German inspired pub fare)
- Burnside Brewing (ecclectic foods)
- Deschuttes Brewing (NW pub food)
- Ecliptic (upper scale pub food)
For the beer, consider Burnside Brewing, Culmination Brewing, Cascade Barrel House, Ecliptic, Deschuttes, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Breakside, The Commons & Gigantic...there are many to choose from.
Many thanks to Dewey Weddington at Ferment Marketing for these suggestions.