Nominations for this award are NOW CLOSED.
Description of the Award:
Over 20 years ago, 15 professionals from multiple disciplines gathered to discuss what healthcare delivery should look like for patients and families. It is because of their pioneering spirits that we now benefit from an interdisciplinary, collaborative family healthcare model. These 15 founders have been instrumental to the development and future of the field as demonstrated by their continuous support and mentorship of young collaborators. In their honor, the annual CFHA Founders’ ECP Award serves as the highest recognition for an early career professional’s contributions to the field of integrated and collaborative care. The recipient, like CFHA’s founders, is someone who:
- Embraces the utilization of collaborative techniques and the biopsychosocial model in patient care – whether in a clinical, teaching, research or administrative role,
- Is thoughtful about the future of integrated models of care and establishing sustainable models,
- Demonstrates strong collaboration as evidenced by professional interactions with others across disciplines,
- Emphasizes family in his or her work, and
- Fosters a sense of innovation as he or she strives to exemplify the goals of CFHA.
Award will be conferred annually.
- Any current ECP member of CFHA in good standing is eligible, except for the current ECP representative to BOD given direct role in selection process.
- Specifically, the award is given to an early career professional who has: 1) completed their professional training within the last 3 years, 2) is new to the field of collaborative care, and 3) shows promise in their early career in their ability to support sustainable models of interdisciplinary care for patients, families, and communities.
o CFHA recommends that ECPs define themselves based on the guidelines of their respective profession, with a minimum that all applicants have attained their professional degree within the last 3 years.
- The ECP may work in clinical, educational, and advocacy initiatives (or a combination of these) that promote the mission of CFHA.
Process for Nomination:
- Nominations open April 1; Nominations close July 1.
- Nominations will be accepted via the form below.
- ECP can be nominated by any professional who has directly observed, supported, or mentored the ECP nominee.
o Any individual who is a current member of CFHA can make the nomination, except for members of the BOD.
o Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations should Include a copy of the ECP’s CV, and statement (approximately 500 words) outlining how the nominee exemplifies a pioneering and innovative spirit as an early career professional.
- Nominations will be reviewed the ECP representative to the BOD in collaboration with 2 more senior members of the BOD during July.
- Application will be reviewed for ECP’s level of innovation in a collaborative role, dissemination of efforts to other clinicians or community, and impact on patients/families. No specific scoring criterion will be used.
- 1 nominee will be submitted to BOD for final endorsement at August board meeting
The final award recipient will be notified by September 1. Early Career Representative to CFHA BOD will confer the award to the recipient at the conference. Awardees will receive a plaque and complimentary full conference registration for the following year.
Date Last Reviewed and Approved by CFHA Board of Directors: Approved by Board of Directors in March 2016.
Click here for a PDF of the Award Criteria.