The Collaborative Family Healthcare Association 19th Annual Conference
October 19 - 21, 2017
2017 Conference Headquarters
The Royal Sonesta Houston Hotel
2222 West Loop South, Houston, Texas
Located in the heart of the Galleria area, the newly renovated, AAA rated Four Diamond Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston is in the shopping, dining and entertainment hub of Uptown Houston.
Learn more about the Royal Sonesta Houston.
12 Facts You May Not Know about Houston
- In 1969, "Houston" was the first word spoken from the moon. The Apollo 11 mission established a place in history for the city when astronaut Neil Armstrong spoke the now-famous line, "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."
- Houston, with 2.3 million residents, is the fourth most populous city in the United States, trailing only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. The city is the largest in the South and the Southwest.
- Houston is a cosmopolitan destination, offering world-class dining, arts and culture, shopping and exciting nightlife. Discover a thriving arts scene, with ballet, opera, symphony and theater.
- Houston is home to the largest number of theater seats outside of New York City.
- Houston is the nation’s demographic future. In racial and ethnic composition, the Houston of today very much resembles the U.S. 40 years hence.
- More than 145 different languages are spoken in Houston. More than a third of Houstonians older than 5 speak a language other than English at home.
- Just under 30% of the population over the age of 25 holds a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The Greater Houston area has 14 major institutions of higher learning and more than 60 degree-granting colleges, universities and technical schools. Rice University is the birthplace of nanotechnology.
- NASA and the Texas Medical Center, along with 25 Fortune 500 corporations, are headquartered in Houston.
- Houston is home to Space Center Houston, the official visitor center of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, which is NASA's center for spaceflight activities.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the largest rodeo in the world, lasts three weeks and features some of the biggest country music stars.
- Houston is considered to have one of the best culinary scenes in the country, with cuisine from around the world. There are more than 10,000 restaurants in the Houston area with culinary choices that represent more than 70 countries and American regions.